After 11 years, 4 server changes and countless rage/quits, My Nirvana was completed on 11/23/2014

After 11 years, 4 server changes and countless rage/quits, My Nirvana was completed on 11/23/2014

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Einherjar, Dynamis and Limbus... oh my...

I decided the other day (mostly because nobody was on to play with) to do some of the events that I haven't tried in a while solo.

I started with Dynamis and went to Beau. Glacier to try and farm up some of the forgottens I need to finish off a few of my pieces. That run went... decently. I ended up with 12 Forgottens and around 45-50 currency. I quickly sold off all the currency and used the money to buy even more forgottens.

I ended up finishing my +2 Feet for COR, +2 Head for PUP and +2 Hands for PUP. Not a bad haul.

-----------------------
After that, I was still bored... and decided to try my hand at Limbus. Specifically I went to Temenos West and powered through the floors pretty easily. The only trouble I had was when I hit the Jelly level and couldn't for the life of me get the TE to drop and ended up moving on with only 7 minutes to spare. On the next floor I made up for it and finished the run with a win.

I ended up with an AF upgrade for RDM (lol), 37 Ancient Beast Coins and an Emerald Chip for my set towards Ultima.

-----------------------
When that was finished... I shouted in Jeuno for a little while to try and dig up 5 more people to come with me to Einherjar. It took almost an hour to get the people together, but we finally got the ball rolling and went into Rossweiss' Chamber. Man has that event gone downhill fast. We zerged through it and were done in less than 15 minutes.

Ended up with just under 1000 Inchor and Rossweiss' Wing.

-----------------------
Later, while I was wandering around in Jeuno buying forgottens from Bazaars, I got a /tell from a friend inviting me to his Legion run with his LS. Why not? I'd never been before and it was bound to be an experience. I was asked to bring my SMN and use Alexander and perfect Defense when the time came (figures).

We did 2 runs and I walked out with nothing at all besides the feeling that I'll never try that damn event again and 450 Legion Points (which buys me nothing).

-----------------------
About 10 minutes after walking back into Jeuno, one of the guys from the LS asked for my help in Nyzul Isle and I was more than happy to add to my ever growing collection of Tokens. We started at floor 75 with only 3 of us. Me on NIN/DNC, him on BLU/NIN and a MNK/DNC. We made short work of the first 5 floors and even managed to squeeze in 2 more before exiting.

Ended up with Goliard Body, Dagger for BRD (lmao, dropped) and 2,500 Tokens.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the day of events was over, I sat back and considered continuing to do Limbus and Einherjar on a regular basis... and sprinkling in Dynamis in between while I wait for the cooldown timers on the events. Once I decided that I definately wanted to do that, I did a little research on each event to see what changes have been made to them recently.

Einherjar has only added Odin v2 and nothing else. Kinda lame.

Limbus however... added Arch-Ultima and Arch-Omega. Their drops? Whoo Boy, I'm excited. Lemme give you a little idea:

As with their original NQ counterparts, they each drop the same body parts as before... and they can be traded for amazing pieces of equipment... just like before. Only this time, you need to trade not only the body part from Ultima/Omega, but an additional piece of gear aquired from Limbus as well to recieve your final reward. The additional item is One of your Homam or Nashira pieces... OR one of your Artifact Armor pieces that has been upgraded to +1.

Example 1:
Arch-Omega's Eye + Homam Zucchetto = Enif Zucchetto
or
Arch-Ultima's Claw + Nashira Gages = Adhara Gages!!

~^_^~~^_^~

Example 2:
Arch-Omega's Tail + ANY AF+1 FEET = Murzim Gambieras
or
Arch-Ultima's Tail + ANY AF+1 FEET = Shedir Crackows!!

~o_O~~O_o~

The 2 pieces I have highlighted in red are the ones that I'm the most thrilled about. Their stats are absurd for SMN.

Now my only question is how the hell to fight either one of them. I'll have to do my research on them somewhere else... because the wiki say anything at all about either one besides the conversion costs and such. Maybe BG will have something. I'll post later when I figure it out. 

The thing I'm most excited about is the fact that The Shedir Feet don't require that I trade in my AF+1 SMN Feet to get them. I just need ANY AF+1 feet at all combined withArch-Ultima's Tail. Adhara's Gages entice me less... and are a little bit more of a pain to get. First I'll need to farm Nashira's Gages off regular Ultima and THEN get Arch-Ultima's Claw. Either way... it's Ultima or GTFO. Omega... as always... has nothing at all that I want.

I'm consistent... if nothing else.

4 comments:

  1. Excellent post! One minor correction -- it's even simpler to get your Shedir Crackows.

    Instead of trading any AF+1 feet, you need merely trade 2 AF+1 upgrade items (not the finished product) from Temenos. For example, Pantin Wire & Dark Orichalcum (PUP & DRK items from Temenos; they drop like crazy).

    Enjoy the better news! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't aware I had any readers... that's good enough news by itself.

    I don't suppose you could explain to me how to access Neo-Limbus content could you? I still haven't the faintest clue how to get to Arch-Ultima. I immagine it has to do with the Basement Floors. Metal Chip to Basement Level 1... etc... and at the bottom is Arch-Ultima. Am I on the right track?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't accessed Arch-Ultima yet, but we've done Arch-Omega (beat him, too). Details are at the following URL:

      http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Category:Limbus#Temenos

      It's listed as Temenos & Apollyon 99 areas on the chart, with links to the necessary data.

      Hope this helps! :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks a ton! I'll start reading up on it tonight!

    ReplyDelete