After 11 years, 4 server changes and countless rage/quits, My Nirvana was completed on 11/23/2014

After 11 years, 4 server changes and countless rage/quits, My Nirvana was completed on 11/23/2014

Friday, September 7, 2012

Fun times in Uleg Range

So as planned, I logged on yesterday for a little while to try and scrounge up a party to fight Apedemak.. Apademik? So I logged on to kill this ugly fucker: (not really ugly... pretty kick-ass looking actually)


I shouted for around 5-10 minutes in Jeuno before getting a PLD (Almace and Ochain no less) and a WHM to help me out in killing him. The PLD wanted the horns and the WHM just came for the fun of it? The guy was a top notch WHM... but his motivations were strange.

Either way, the PLD purchased a full set of pop items for the kill and I snagged the Snow God Core and HQ Marid Hide off the AH for a hefty 60k investment and we left. I went NIN/WAR and the PLD covered Scythe, Polearm and GS weapon skills when we fought Dhorme Chimera.

We got our KIs quick enough (and the little guy is a joke now) and I headed back to town to change into BLM for the big fights.

All-in-all the guy really isn't that hard when you have a PLD and a WHM doing most of the work. The first fight went smoothly but took forever. Sadly the proc ended up being BLU... the only one we didn't have access to and we walked off with 2 horns and 1 Jewel for me. The second fight went ok until the WHM aggrod an elemental and got things a little complicated. I was able to handle it without much of an issue... but in doing so, I missed a stun and Ape-Dick leveled up and started to become a problem. After that, I stunned the next TierV spell only to have him follow up with AGA4 and level up again. At this point he was dishing out too much damage to handle and we all went down. Thankfully, the PLD was packing a brew and he was happy to use it up to get his horns and not waste the run.

The proc, as we had previously determined, was Light... and it turned out to not be WHM. Thankfully... when we wiped and his weaknesses got reset, it changed to Thunder and I was able to eek out a yellow proc JUST BEFORE HE WENT DOWN to increase my jewels from a measly 1 to 3. Sadly... we only got the 1 horn and ended the run there.

Funny part is, when he died he left behind a gold box that contained (no joke) a Snow God Core, Sissiphus Fragment and HQ Marid Hide. I opened it and took them for my next run. So not I'm prepared for today's run without having to do any of the leg work.

Here I come Cirque Body! I'm getting closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment