After 11 years, 4 server changes and countless rage/quits, My Nirvana was completed on 11/23/2014

After 11 years, 4 server changes and countless rage/quits, My Nirvana was completed on 11/23/2014

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Tree of Life vs King of the Dragons: Round 2

As I got to work today I had a strong desire to take revenge on Bahamut for killing my THF last night... so since I was almost 45 minutes early, I excused myself from the office, found a dark corner, plugged in and tuned out while I make a b-line straight for Bahamut on my SMN/WHM.

I made good time, only taking about 15 minutes to run to the Green Unstable Displacement. Upon arrival, I didn't waste any time. I entered, buffed with SS, Aquaveil, Blink, Protect III and Shell II, Siphoned to bring myself back to full MP, summoned Garuda and wen't to town on his big squishy ass.


The beginning of the fight was a little more difficult than I needed to be and I ended up wasting a lot of MP by trying to treat Bahamut like an Abyssea NM and spam Whispering Wind along with Predator Claws. I found out that his AoE's like Thrash and Firaga IV have some pretty huge range as I took both of them to the face and ended up with 120hp pretty quickly. After that it was a mad dash to the other size of the small zone to heal quickly before Garuda went down. I barely got SS back up before Garuda died and I was forced to resummon.




Apart from that little mishap, things went rather cut and dry the rest of the fight and I ended it with 4/1749mp.

Whisper of the Wyrmking: Mine! Now to wait until the next conquest update so that I can flag Apocalypse Neigh.


Contented with my accomplishment, I returned to Jeuno to spend some of the money I had been earning in Dynamis the past few days. I ended up purchasing about 15 Forgotten Steps, 7 Forgotten Hopes, 10 or so Forgotten Journeys and a whopping 49 Forgotten Touches. The whole lot of them cost me about 300k in total and put my totals through the roof.

First on my list of upgrades are the Summoner's Pigaches +2... because they're awesome.


"Avatar: Enhances Attack" and "Magical Critical hit Rate +5%"... on a piece that reduces BP delay by 4? I shouldn't have to explain how awesome that is. It's just awesome.

Following that will be the full set of Pantin Attire. I know I don't play PUP very often... but something about that job's potential makes me want to gear it to the teeth. It's also the one job that gains seriously huge benefits from it's full Relic +2 set. Some jobs got shafted here and their on their sets... but PUP got nothin but gold. Sure, most of them are macro pieces, but all of them are useful. The same can't be said for Summoner's Head, Body or Legs... or Koga Head, Body or Feet for that matter.

*Edit: Pictures added*

No comments:

Post a Comment